- that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God and is our rule and guide for life.
- in the act of salvation: that we must believe and accept Christ's sacrifice for our sin and dedicate our lives to His lordship, making us part of His family.
- that our relationship with God is based on salvation through Christ, not on man-made, legalistic rules.
- in two ordinances of the Church: water baptism and the Lord's Supper.
- that we are to lead others to Christ and help them grow in their faith.
- that God's grace should be reflected by His family.
Larry Kirby is a ministry veteran with experience as a senior pastor, pastoral counselor, and other ancillary ministries. After graduating from University of Valley Forge with a Bachelor of Science in Bible, Larry continued his education at Ashland Theological Seminary and completed a Masters in Pastoral Counseling at Trinity Theological Seminary. Larry accepted the position of Manager of the Ronald McDonald House in Cleveland, Ohio where he helped countless families cope as their children struggled with serious illnesses. Larry then accepted an associate pastoral position in Blackwood, New Jersey, where he sharpened his pulpit and church management skills. Larry answered the call to his first senior pastorate in Carleton, Michigan and has since served congregations in Muskegon, Lachine, and Oscoda, Michigan.
A married father of two adult daughters, Larry and his wife, Sharon, have enjoyed living in Michigan since 1994. Larry is a veteran of the U.S. Navy where he twice received the honor of Sailor of the Quarter.
His ministry motto:
Live the Life, Preach the Word, Love the People.